A typical personal effects policy complements a home contents policy, providing additional protection for theft, loss or damage anywhere in Australia and New Zealand to those items you often take outside the home such as cameras, jewellery and sporting equipment.

Under a typical policy if you travel elsewhere overseas, you will be automatically covered for up to $1 000. You may also prefer to pay an additional premium and choose any amount up to the full sum insured.